Patients in need of gum disease surgery in Clifton Park, NY are urged to contact Dr. Neda Azadivatan for information on the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®). This is a gum surgery alternative that minimizes the occurrence of pain and bleeding. While traditional gum surgery uses a scalpel and sutures to cut and stitch tissue, LANAP® uses a laser to remove diseased tissue in a manner that is less invasive. This is a great option for patients who regularly neglect treatment to avoid the negative side effects.
When compared to traditional gum surgery, alternative laser treatments offer several advantages. These include:
- • Less Pain – Because there is no need to cut or stitch the tissue, patients will experience less pain with LANAP® than with other treatments.
- • Less Bleeding – While traditional gum surgery requires the removal of large amounts of tissue, LANAP® targets only the diseased tissue, resulting in less tissue loss and therefore, less bleeding.
- • Shorter Healing Time – LANAP® removes bacteria and infected tissue without harming the healthy tissue. This makes for a quicker healing process.
- • Faster Recovery – Patients rarely need pain medication after the procedure. This means you can get back to your daily routine almost immediately.
- • Less Gum Recession – When compared to traditional gum surgery, alternative laser treatments remove a much smaller amount of gum tissue. This means that patients will experience little to no gum recession.
- • Stabilization of Bone and Tissue – Whereas traditional gum surgery can cause harm to the bone and teeth, LANAP® will actually stimulate these areas to promote regrowth and, in some cases, reverse the effects of gum disease.
LANAP® is a great gum surgery alternative for patients with a low threshold for pain. There are very few doctors who are certified to perform this innovative new procedure. For more information about laser gum disease surgery in Clifton Park, NY, please contact Dr. Neda Azadivatan to schedule your consultation today!